NOTE: Navigation summary – Please consult other reference material for more detailed explanations. Written for Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), therefore some features may not exist on earlier Android versions.
- Touch. To activate items such as an application or a setting icon, to press on screen buttons or to type on the keyboard.
- Touch & Hold. To open a menu, allow to customize the home screen or move an icon.
- Drag. After Touch & Hold, without lifting the finger, move an icon across screens, then lift the finger to Drop. From the top of the screen, you can Drag down to open the Notification panel.
- Swipe or Scroll. To scroll the screen left or right / up or down.
- Double-tap. To zoom a webpage, map or other screen. On a webpage: to fit the width of the screen.
- Pinch in or out to zoom in or out. To zoom in or out: on Maps, Browser, Gallery,…
- Rotate the screen. By rotating the device.